Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I packed yesterday

 
 
All my bags are packed, May 2016
 

We leave today, and so I decided that my anxiety over not fitting in the suitcase or finding out I really don't have something I thought was in my closet could best be settled by just giving in and packing yesterday. That way I have a day or so to run out and buy anything that's missing.

Coincidentally, I woke up yesterday morning from a nightmare: I was in the Philipines ready to travel home, and realized my passport had been stolen. The nice people at the airport assured me that I could get it replaced in no more than six months! As I woke, I realized that I had actually neglected to put my passport on my packing list. Which, of course, explains the nightmare. Funny how the mind works, sometimes. Or all the time.

Now, we've been doing this traveling thing for a number of years now, so you would think that I ought to be comfortable that I'll actually fit in the same bag I took last year. Yes, the stuff is a little different than the Mediterrainian cruise: more rain and cold weather gear, less dress up stuff. But really - I've traveled for varying lengths of time at least 100 times in the last 11 years; you would think I'd be a bit more relaxed about the packing thing. But no, anxiety and OCD reign supreme.

But anyway, it all fits in my checked bag. Pretty comfortably, in fact. And since I know the fully packed bag is under the normal airline weight limit, that won't be a problem either.

Instant Karma Gonna Get You, May 2014
And now, in perfect karma, it's raining and the latest Waze traffic estimate to JFK is 1:40.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You must register with Blogger to comment. All comments are subject to moderation before posting.